[Koha] Migration to Koha and Koha field/UNIMARC mapping

Frédéric Rouyre rfr at iweps.be
Mon Jun 7 21:02:54 NZST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to switch our old ILS to Koha but I'm stuck with how I'll
import Serials in the system. The information I have in the old database
is rather sparse but I have a value I don't know how to map. I have a
publication date, which is normally linked to one item notice (and not a
serial notice). The problem is there is no mapping in the koha standard
(sample?) UNIMARC definition. Moreover, I don't know which koha field to
map to? I've found "timestamp" and "dateaccessioned" but do not know
which one to choose and if i'm in the right direction. I plan to add a
995$w field to map to the koha field.

I have to admit i'm computer scientist only ... and that the person who
manage the old ILS is not a librarian, so I'm on my own to handle the
issues. Hope you can help!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Frédéric