[Koha] Koha problems - Allan Bean Centre Library

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Wed Jun 2 16:04:02 NZST 2010

Hi Bernadette

On 2010-06-1, at 2:12 PM, Bernadette Cassidy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have recently upgraded our server (which hosts Koha) and some of the features in the catalogue module are not displaying properly.

you've possibly hit some mysql4 -> mysql5 bugs in koha-2.0.x
(ive worked on other koha upgrades that have experienced the same problem)

some of the SQL code in koha-2.2 got rewritten for mysql5 compatibility, *after* your koha version :/

check your logs for SQL errors

> The Linux version is: Ubuntu Server 8.04, given the issues with the catalogue, I was wondering if these are fixable or do we need to upgrade to the latest version of Koha?

from memory... the mysql5 fixes are few and well-known, and will probably fix your system.

i can't spot the exact series of mysql5-fix commits now. but they are in git towards the end of release 2.2
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=summary

cheers, Mason.