[Koha] Koha releases - Clarification/correction

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Wed Jul 7 17:39:34 NZST 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, vtl at scls.lib.wi.us wrote:

> From: "vtl at scls.lib.wi.us" <vtl at scls.lib.wi.us>
>
>> What seems clear from this exchange is that PTFS/Liblime believes that
>> it is the responsibility of others to integrate their code into Koha
>> rather than something that is inherent to the process of working on an
>> open source project. If this is the case, then LEK and Harley are not
>> trunks. They're forks.
>>

> Owen--how is that clear?  When did anyone say that PTFS/LibLime believes
> that it is not their responsibility to integrate the code?  I was at the
> very same meeting.  LEK is a fork that PTFS inherited, yet I understood from
> the meeting that they are committed to contributing it to Koha, difficult as
> that may be.
>
> Nothing that they said about Harley led me to believe that they think it is
> the community's responsibility to integrate the code.  I believe that there
> are several people at PTFS/LibLime who understand the process and they have
> already put a lot of work into Koha.

both sides will need to work to integrate this functionality (or re-write
it if that ends up being easier)

having either side take the attitude that it's all up to the other side
will only make the problem drag out longer. It's very unfurtunant that
this problem is here, but the entities that decided not to merge the code
earlier are no longer around, and it's far better to assume good intent on
the part of their replacements than it is to punish the reaplacements for
the bad actions of their predesessors.

David Lang