[Koha] Koha releases - Clarification/correction

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:26:59 NZST 2010

2010/7/2 vtl at scls.lib.wi.us <vtl at scls.lib.wi.us>:
> Owen--how is that clear?  When did anyone say that PTFS/LibLime believes
> that it is not their responsibility to integrate the code?  I was at the
> very same meeting.  LEK is a fork that PTFS inherited, yet I understood from
> the meeting that they are committed to contributing it to Koha, difficult as
> that may be.

I think that Owen is getting that from the summary that Stacy gave and
the fact that Harley was was released not as a series of patches to
Koha, but as a 'release' of it's own (actions speaking louder than
words and all that jazz).  At this time the only people integrating
the code found in Harley to Koha are Galen and Chris - the release
managers for 3.2 and 3.4.  That was my understanding by the chart
added to the wiki
(http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/PTFS_Harley_Integration) and the
information provided by Stacy.

Of course it is always possible that things get lost in translation
when coming from someone's notes to an email and I do agree with Owen
that hearing things first hand instead of second and third helps a lot
with that particular problem.

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard