[Koha] Koha Catalog Search Problems

Fahs,Joe jfahs at STMCHS.ORG
Wed Jan 13 07:04:47 NZDT 2010

Hi All,

I have a interesting problem going on with the search function on my
Koha installation:

http://library.stmchs.org

There are certain searches that will always bring up the undefined value
error:

"Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Search.pm line 2279."

For example, doing a search for "sense" will bring up the error.
However, performing a search for "sensibility" will return a normal
search listing. The problem seems limited to the main opac keyword
search. If I were to search "sense" in the title, I don't receive any of
these errors. I've looked up the error and it seems most of the
troubleshooting out there points to various paths for perl, but there
has been nothing out there that explains why I would be getting such
inconsistent results.

I have tried running the re-indexing script (we are non-zebra here), but
that doesn't seem to fix anything. I have wondered if it had something
to do with the Amazon listings I have been using, but removing that
information and using alternatives has not altered anything either.

Has anybody seen something similar? I am running on 3.00.04 on OS X
Server 10.5.

Thanks,
Joe Fahs