[Koha] [SDurand at northperth.library.on.ca: Inventory/Stocktaking Help]

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Feb 18 10:14:35 NZDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from SDurand <SDurand at northperth.library.on.ca> -----

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:53:22 -0500
From: SDurand <SDurand at northperth.library.on.ca>
To: nengard at gmail.com
Cc: chrisc at catalyst.net.nz, koha-request at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Inventory/Stocktaking Help

   Hi

   We are using KOHA 3.0 and would like to use the Inventory/Stocktaking
   Tool. We need help in developing accurate, easy to use procedures for an
   inventory of 50 thousand items. We would like to know what has been used
   successfully. We tried the Use a Barcode File, scanned three books into a
   text file; Imported and it correctly showed three items as modified.
   However, when using the last seen date the only way we could verify that
   we had seen it was by checking it in. It then removed it from the list and
   all that was there is what was not yet scanned. The Manual instructions
   are not helpful at all and we cannot imagine scanning every book in
   through check-in. Ideas please?

   Sheila Durand, CEO

   North Perth Public Library

   260 Main Street West