[Koha] Koha hidden subfields showing in opac

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Dec 1 09:02:03 NZDT 2010

> I have the 590a set to where it
> says "Tab:5, Not repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden,"    with the hidden
> value set to 4, which I thought meant it did not show up in the opac,
> but it does indeed appear.

Unfortunately the OPAC visibility setting only applies to the
"Expanded MARC view"
(/cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=XXX).

There are no practical means of changing which MARC data appears in
the OPAC's normal, non-XSLT view short of modifying scripts and
templates. The XSLT view can be changed by editing the XSL file
(opac-tmpl/prog/en/xsl/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl), but it requires
knowledge of XSLT.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer