[Koha] 3.2 "no physical items" and no barcode incrementing?

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon Aug 30 22:32:06 NZST 2010

Hi David,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:51 AM, David M. Bucknell
<dbucknell at iteachnet.org> wrote:

> We are now using 3.2, and it is very exciting!
>
> * We can add a New book in either default or book or fast format ...
> * We can search for it in Thai or English
> * When found, it displays a message under "Holdings" that says "No
> physical items for this record"
>
> -- But I did add an item ... .
>
> This may be related to another "challenge":
>
> * I get no barcode unless I choose incremental barcodes (annual or
> branch (hb ...) seem not to produce any barcode),
> AND
> * All barcodes=1 ... (I've added 3 books and their barcodes are all
> the same ... 1).

Hmm... both incremental and the hb** pattern work here. Check the
error logs and see if there is any more info there. (koha-error_log;
its location may vary depending on the type of install you did.)

> Needless to say, I have not gotten a spinelabel to print yet (500
> errors still -- probably my fault).

Again, check the error log and post any errors.

> Suggestions on any or all points above would be appreciated.  Sorry to
> bother the list members with what is probably newbie stuff.

Ask away... that's one reason the list is here. :-)

Kind Regards,
Chris