[Koha] Suddenly We Cannot ADD Items

Christopher White whitec2 at sage.edu
Fri Aug 6 02:57:21 NZST 2010

Something happened to our koha system in the last two days that prevents us
from adding items to records. When we add an item, the following occurs.
1. The Normal View in Cataloging show "No Physical Items."
2. The items do not show up in items table in mysql.
3. If you select edit item or add item, the item shows up but if you try to
edit, none of the fields are populated.

The following are the only system wide changes we made in the last two days.
Could either be related to the appearance of the above problem?

1. We turned on the OPAC suppress feature and modified authorized values and
MARC default bibliographic framework to accomodate the suppress feature. We
have since reversed all these changes.
2. Modified the indexing script to speed up indexing. We had been running:

perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r -v

We tried the following variations:

su kohaadmin -c "perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a"

Christopher J White
Systems Librarian
The Sage Colleges
Troy, New York