[Koha] The Potential Death of Koha in Pennsylvania Libraries

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Apr 23 14:48:35 NZST 2010

2010/4/23 Jim Minges <jminges at nekls.org>:
> I certainly don't know any details of what is planned in Pennsylvania.
> However the concerns expressed underline the need for seamless
> interconnection of disparate systems (and not only Koha and Evergreen) so
> that all libraries can be interconnected for resource sharing process. An
> interesting project is the open source project that Equinox is developing
> for the state of Ohio to interconnect different ILS systems. Ohio is paying
> for the primary programming but the intent is that other states can utilize
> that software at a modest cost for the programming to connect their states.
> However, I believe it will be based on the NCIP protocol. It would be useful
> for the Koha community to sponsor integration of the NCIP standard into
> Koha, so that we could utilize this connection option.

Hi Jim

I agree adding NCIP support would be great, and there was/is a project
called openncip that was set up to do just that.
So speaking as one of the members of the community, are you willing to
sponsor some work on it ? :-)

Maybe you can get together some like minded libraries, write up an
enhancement request and then get someone to work on it.

Chris