[Koha] The Potential Death of Koha in Pennsylvania Libraries

Jim Minges jminges at nekls.org
Fri Apr 23 11:55:09 NZST 2010

I certainly don't know any details of what is planned in Pennsylvania.
However the concerns expressed underline the need for seamless
interconnection of disparate systems (and not only Koha and Evergreen) so
that all libraries can be interconnected for resource sharing process. An
interesting project is the open source project that Equinox is developing
for the state of Ohio to interconnect different ILS systems. Ohio is paying
for the primary programming but the intent is that other states can utilize
that software at a modest cost for the programming to connect their states.
However, I believe it will be based on the NCIP protocol. It would be useful
for the Koha community to sponsor integration of the NCIP standard into
Koha, so that we could utilize this connection option.

Jim

--
Jim Minges, Director
Northeast Kansas Library System