[Koha] Koha as a federated library

savitra sirohi savitra.sirohi at osslabs.biz
Mon Apr 19 21:10:18 NZST 2010

Anselm/Nicole,

In the default koha-httpd.conf file you should see these lines:

#  Repeat this virtualhost stanza changing the following environment vars to
#  create multiple OPAC interfaces with custom css and/or search limits:
#  SetEnv OPAC_CSS_OVERRIDE mystyle.css
#  SetEnv OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT branch:CODE
#  SetEnv OPAC_LIMIT_OVERRIDE 1

So what you need to do is:
Create a Apache2 virtual host for each sub-domain or library, e.g.
library-1.yourkoha.org. In each Apache2 virtual host, repeat the
stanza above, don't forget to remove the #.

Create a css file for each branch and save in your
/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/ folder.

In the lines above replace "mystyle.css" with the name of the css
file. Replace CODE with the branch code of the particular library.

Thanks,
Savitra Sirohi
Nucsoft OSS Labs
http://www.osslabs.biz