[Koha] "No Items Available" incorrectly showing in search

Steven Vincent - TechnologyWise steven at tw.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 21:28:41 NZST 2010

Hi

We have a strange issue with a new installation where certain items are
showing as "No items available" in the search, but in the detail screen,
the status is blank, and the checkout history shows "has never been
checked out".

The database shows fields "notforloan, damaged, itemlost, wthdrawn,
onloan" as "0, 0, 0, 0, 0000-00-00" respectively.

I've included some actual results below.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where the search is
picking this up from?

And is it related to the detail Status showing as blank, rather than
"Available". Is there another data field used in the calculation of
'available'? (Although other items have a blank 'detail' status yet
their 'search' status is 'available')

Regards
Steven

Steven Vincent
Director
TechnologyWise Ltd

*===
As per the search result
===
*

1.  Railways  /

Griffiths, Rose. A & C Black, Description: ; London : , 1992 : 25 p. : ;
20 cm. ISBN: 0713636297 : Books

1 item
No items available
1 on loan:

     * [Books] Tauriko School [G] (B001481) (1)

===
As per the detail screen:
===

*Railways /(Griffiths, Rose.)* has never been checked out.

And:
Checkout Status: Not Checked out