[Koha] marcedit regular expression

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Tue Sep 22 00:51:53 NZST 2009

Happy rainy morning from Georgia

I'm working on my full database conversion and most of it has been
pretty straight forward however I have 2 nagging questions.

1)  Where have those who have migrated unicorn data translated the
Item Category 1 and 2 subfields from the Sirsi 999 field to the Koha
952?

2)  I'm having a problem with dates Sirsi stores them in the 999 as
dMM/DD/YYYY or sometimes dM/D/YYYY.  The "d" is just a prefix.  I can
select them with my limited Regex skill but I haven't been able to
figure out how to convert them to YYYY-MM-DD.

I'm being pretty methodical about documenting my steps for data
conversion with the hope that it will be helpful to others.