[Koha] Questions on upgrading from Koha 3.0.1 to 3.0.2/3

Bibliotecario Casa Balthasar bibliotecacb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:58:48 NZST 2009

Hi everyone,

Right now we're running 3.00.01 but we'd like to upgrade to 3.00.03.

My first question is, I hope, relatively simple:  Can we upgrade directly to
3.00.03 from 3.00.01, or would it be better/more prudent to pass for 3.00.02
first?

The second question is, given that we've modified some files (for example,
in
/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cataloguing/value_builder,
we've modified the plugins for the leader and 008 so that it's possible to
use, e.g. |-No attempt to code per Festchrift), what's the best way to
handle the upgrade?  Is it possible to make changes to files from the
upgrade tarball before the make upgrade or is it necessary to go ahead with
the upgrade and then follow-up afterwards readding the changes we've made?

Thanks in advance for any and all help, it's much appreciated.

Patrick Redmon
Librarian
Casa Balthasar