[Koha] MARC Import

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Sep 16 19:38:13 NZST 2009

Wolfgang,

Andrew Buxton recently wrote about this on the list:

"Regarding 3, I don't yet know Koha well enough to say what editing is possible there.  But when exporting from Winisis
you can use a Field Select Table to move data from one field (or subfield) to another.  For example, to move the contents of field 100 to 700 you would have a line:

700 0 (v100/)

(The brackets and slash will take care of the fact that v100 is a repeatable field.)  Modification during exporting is covered in the CDS/ISIS for Windows Handbook, section 10.7.

There is also the very useful "Swiss Knife" tool for Winisis that allows you to do some clever editing of the Winisis database before exporting.
"
Otherwise I have used the free MarcEdit tool which can take a CDS ISIS ISO format file and convert to flat text.  From there you can either use MarcEdit or your favourite programming language to manipulate the MARC tags and use MarcEdit to reconvert back to ISO 2709 for loading into Koha.

Not quite what you were asking for, but a number of valid options...

Ian
PTFS Europe