[Koha] Call number in list view or search result

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Sep 14 22:39:25 NZST 2009

Dear Darren De Zeeuw,

At 21.44 11/09/2009, De Zeeuw, Darren wrote:
>I've just recently migrated from Follett to Koha3 (what a pain), but we have
>a crucial feature that was easy in Follett that I can't figure out how to do
>in Koha.  The teachers in our school have created lists of books to pull for
>units they do each year.  The information is now stored in the non-public
>note (Marc 952x).  I can easily search for this data, but the list makes it
>very hard to go to the shelves to pull the books as the call number is only
>visible when looking at the item details.  What seems to be the most useful
>process for us is to take a search result and make a private list out of it.
>The list view is quite concise, but contains the useless copyright year.  I
>would love to have the call number there instead (I think
>items.itemcallnumber instead of biblio.copyrightdate).  If someone could
>clue me in on the perl file and modifications needed that would be great.  I
>can't quite decipher the interaction of multiple files and includes in the
>pages.

I don't suggest you to work on template.
I suggest you to switch to use XSLT fro display
[XSLTDetailsDisplay  and XSLTResultsDisplay sys preferences].

Than you can manipolate the display with
../koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl and
MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl

The template about list results are:
opac-results.tmpl
opac-results-grouped.tmpl