[Koha] Call number in list view or search result

De Zeeuw, Darren darrens at umich.edu
Sat Sep 12 07:44:55 NZST 2009

I've just recently migrated from Follett to Koha3 (what a pain), but we have
a crucial feature that was easy in Follett that I can't figure out how to do
in Koha.  The teachers in our school have created lists of books to pull for
units they do each year.  The information is now stored in the non-public
note (Marc 952x).  I can easily search for this data, but the list makes it
very hard to go to the shelves to pull the books as the call number is only
visible when looking at the item details.  What seems to be the most useful
process for us is to take a search result and make a private list out of it.
The list view is quite concise, but contains the useless copyright year.  I
would love to have the call number there instead (I think
items.itemcallnumber instead of biblio.copyrightdate).  If someone could
clue me in on the perl file and modifications needed that would be great.  I
can't quite decipher the interaction of multiple files and includes in the
pages.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Darren De Zeeuw