[Koha] one URI or URL for each ITEM?

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 06:29:07 NZST 2009

2009/9/10 Gorgie R. <s.rh.j at hotmail.com>

>  Hi Folks,
>

> I saw in the Chicago University Lens Opac (Aquabrowser interface instead
> Horizon Opac) that they put an URL to each Bibliographic record.
>

> Something like this:
>
> URL for this record:
> http://lens.lib.uchicago.edu/?itemid=|library/marc/uc|4848480<http://lens.lib.uchicago.edu/?itemid=%7Clibrary/marc/uc%7C4848480>
>

> The 4848480 is the Bibliographic record number or system control number.
>

> I think that they tray to offer a kind of PURL.
>

> In Koha ILS when you add an ITEM the point “u” ask for an URI, could you
> tell me what is the idea with this functionality? An which is the structure
> of this uri?
>

> In a new Horizon ILS version for adding an ITEM they ask for an URL of the
> item too. I have the same question.
>

> Could you help me to understand these futures?
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Georgie

Koha has something similar to these URLs, but that's hardly a unique
feature. Specifically, any bib can be reached at
http://your_opac.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=... where ...
is the internal biblionumber of the record in question.

The URL field is mainly, as far as I can tell, intended for digital
resources, and would point to a PDF or some other form of the item.

--
Jesse Weaver