[Koha] windows install fail... not sure of next steps.

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Sun Sep 6 20:05:10 NZST 2009

Hello Joy,
Perhaps you already know your options...a) If you need any of the Windows boxes to be available all the time, try 'virtualization' to run Linux 'alongside' Windows. This usually needs a lot more resources (like memory) than is normal for the everyday desktop.
If you run Windows Vista, you probably already have a glut of memory on it.
b) Else, install Linux on one of the Windows boxes to make a dual-boot machine. You can boot into and out of Linux/Windows whenever you wish, and install Koha on Linux
The 'old, clunky XP' machines will do just fine. PC manufacturers and Wintel perpetuate the myth that every year or two, one needs a brand new box with twice the memory and processing power...
c) Try an older version of Koha (like 2.2.9) that has a Windows install. This is not really recommended, but it should serve most needs.
regards,krishnan