[Koha] Upload of Existing Records

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:00:26 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Nadel
Catura<caturan at canlubang.dlsu.edu.ph> wrote:
> Our school started its operations 7years ago.
> From the time it has started, our library didn't use any of the Library
> Systems existing today.
> So our records are plainly saved and recorded in an Excel File.
>
> Is there any way that we can upload these records to Koha?

In order to load these into Koha, you will first need to convert them
to MARC format by saving your spreadsheet as a CSV text file and using
MarcEdit [1] to do the conversion.  You can find a tutorial on using
MarcEdit to convert records for Koha at
http://koha.org/documentation/tutorial/using-marcedit and a guide
specifically for converting spreadsheet data at
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=openoffice_excel_delimited_text_to_koha_using_marcedit.

[1] http://oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/html/index.php

Regards,

Galen