[Koha] Welcome to the "Koha" mailing list

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Wed Sep 2 02:51:58 NZST 2009

Salvete!

>I think its the ISO language code. az is the one you need.

If your suspicion is correct, and by 2 matches, which warily isn't
enough data for a proper pattern, what is the rationale behind clinging
to the old-1 format over the more comprehensive -2?

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

Were this not an international project, I'd not worry about it, but -2
is more exhaustive. I don't even want to talk about -3. (I'm thinking
this might simply have been a matter of what was available at the time,
but that's changed, and I think we ought to, too.)

Yes, I'm really this dorky,
Brooke