[Koha] [Koha-devel] version 3.0.4 on download.koha.org

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Oct 28 08:02:02 NZDT 2009

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> download.koha.org is a site that LibLime created to provide a historical
> archive of Koha releases done to date. It currently resides on LibLime
> servers that have other web sites so we're not able to provide direct
> shell/ftp access at this time.

OK.  Just two problems with that:-

Firstly, download.koha.org was promoted as "the usual location"
to download Koha from for something over two years, as in
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2008-January/012900.html

Secondly, why does it being on a LibLime server mean RMs cannot have
direct access at this time?  If it were generally true that one cannot
log in to another company's server, all the hosting companies would
never exist.  I expect uploaders would sign reasonable terms of use if
LibLime wanted to be really cautious.

If it's some technical problem, could we point download.koha.org at
another vendor's or library's server for the time being?

> While an interesting idea, providing direct access to download.koha.org as
> you suggest would not have solved the problems that occurred with this last
> release of 3.00.04. [...]

Yes, I sort of agree with this.  Having three 3.0.4s releases wasn't a
good thing.  However, what's done is done and I expect HDL will have
learnt from the mistakes, so this sort of public rebuke seems painful.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software