[Koha] Koha Manual in Git

Thomas Dukleth kohalist at agogme.com
Wed Oct 21 01:47:12 NZDT 2009

The documentation format to use should be entirely a choice of the author
of the documentation.  However, I encourage serious consideration of the
suggestion of Frédéric Demains to use AsciiDoc.

AsciiDoc may be the easiest most accessible program to use for writing
documentation for DocBook.   AsciiDoc uses a wiki like plain text syntax
which users of a wiki would find familiar for easy contribution.  Frédéric
had not mentioned the important point that a core feature of AsciiDoc is
to output documents in DocBook format.

Using AsciiDoc may provide no actual disadvantages relative to DocBook
directly because DocBook is available as an output format.

Using AsciiDoc may provide several accessibility advantages over using
DocBook directly which may be stronger than the same accessibility reason
given for using DocBook directly.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D