[Koha] Koha demo links on koha.org

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:58:11 NZDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Thomas Dukleth <kohalist at agogme.com> wrote:
> Reply inline:

> I preferred that we proceed a little more patiently by asking LibLime to
> make the source code for LEK available first.  I had suggested that we
> should not first ask LibLime to remove their demonstration link from the
> main Koha website to a LibLime page which links to LEK demonstrations from
> the top of the page.  I had suggested asking that the link be relabelled
> for the moment, until the Koha community can offer a real alternative of
> something such as what Kyle Hall had suggested in other website
> possibilities.  I had made an even stronger suggestion than Kyle's much
> more subtly.  The prospect of a real alternative would give LibLime an
> additional reason to reconsider their position.

I was under the impression that this has been asked an answered
already - do we think that asking over and over again is going to
change the answer?

This is quoted from here:
http://www.nabble.com/LibLime-Enterprise-Koha-Q-A-to25461986.html#a25480875

"Hi,

I just got off the phone with Joshua Ferraro. My library is a LibLime
customer, and we had some business to discuss.

I took advantage of the opportunity to express the concern that I share with
many others about LibLime making their code available to the community. He
said, "We will not be making our git repo public as it contains
customer-sensitive data." I asked him if I could quote him, and he said yes.
So there it is.

I also asked if all of the sponsored enhancements would be shared, or if a
customer could withhold enhancements altogether. He said that because the
code's under the GPL, it would have to be released eventually.

Cheers,
Daniel Grobani"