[Koha] MARC frameworks - "link"

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu May 28 22:42:11 NZST 2009

Dear Ondrej,

At 12.07 27/05/2009, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
>At 10.34 25/05/2009, Ondrej Mlecka wrote:
> >In the MARC bibliografic frameworks there is the possibility of
> >using a "link" to other MARC fields. According to the Koha Manual
> >there should appear "a little glass" after the subfield. However, I
> >can't find it.
> >
> >I would like to use this link for the following purpose: in the MARC
> >field 440 I do not want to create the authority list, but just
> >simply see if the value I want to insert has been inserted before in
> >another records. In this case, I would like to choose the value I
> >have inserted in previous records. Could anyone tell me, please, how
> >this link function?
>
>I have tested this function because it would be useful also for my library.
>But in fact it doesn't work.
>
>I think it is an error into the help.
>It is not clear what to enter, a MARC field/subfield or the name of a index ?
>It is a feature in the 'adding a record' form or only to setup a link
>in the intranet view of a record.

I have check the code.
The 'link' function is only for setup a link in the intranet MARC
view of a record.
The patches that inseted this code are:
tipaul 3/Jan/2005 10.48
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=5aa60ee6671630d478c15b032e526b8ab63b7c19

tipaul, 3/Jan/2005 12.56
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=b02dc10f6e44b46569b853ab73e397c04c9d3ab1

So in fact there is an error in the help.
This function is not for Marc editor.

To gain the result that you want, you need to write a specific plugin.

Bye

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it