[Koha] MARC frameworks - "link"

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed May 27 22:07:53 NZST 2009

Dear Ondrej,

At 10.34 25/05/2009, Ondrej Mlecka wrote:
>In the MARC bibliografic frameworks there is the possibility of
>using a "link" to other MARC fields. According to the Koha Manual
>there should appear "a little glass" after the subfield. However, I
>can't find it.
>
>I would like to use this link for the following purpose: in the MARC
>field 440 I do not want to create the authority list, but just
>simply see if the value I want to insert has been inserted before in
>another records. In this case, I would like to choose the value I
>have inserted in previous records. Could anyone tell me, please, how
>this link function?

I have tested this function because it would be useful also for my library.
But in fact it doesn't work.

I think it is an error into the help.
It is not clear what to enter, a MARC field/subfield or the name of a index ?
It is a feature in the 'adding a record' form or only to setup a link
in the intranet view of a record.

I have setup this feature for UNIMARC subfield 200$f and I don't see any glass.
But in the intranet result, MARC format, I see a link "Search on <the
value of subfield>".

So the question is:
This help hit in MARC tag structure administration

>link : If you enter a field/subfield here (200b), a little glass
>appears after the subfield. If the user click on the glass, a search
>is done on the DB for the field/subfield with the same value. Can be
>used for 2 main topic :
>on a field like author (200f in UNIMARC), put 200f here, you will be
>able to see all biblios with the same author
>on a field that is a link (4xx) to reach another biblio. For
>example, put 011a in 464$x, will find the serial that was previously
>with this issn. With the 4xx pligin, you get a powerful tool to
>manage biblios connected to biblio

Is it correct ?
Is it a bug to fix or a feature to add ?

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)