[Koha] Holds

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Thu May 21 08:17:32 NZST 2009

We have had all sorts of problems getting hold emails to work.  Thanks
to Liz at NEKLS and Jesse Weaver aka pianohacker for helping us out --
both of you chime in if I've missed something.  You need a properly
structured notice for holds in your notices list.  There was also a
problem with the structure or setup of the messages transport table
(Jesse knows details on this -- somehow related to the default Koha
installation process).

Depending on how you have the syspref and your cron of the
build_holds_queue script, the hold email should go out when the hold is
marked as "available" (waiting at X library).  Holds don't actually get
sent anywhere, though, until the process_message_queue script runs.
Check your cron list for frequency on both of those.

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.
6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200