[Koha] [Koha-devel] [Koha-translate] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue May 12 00:47:08 NZST 2009

Nicole Engard <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote: [...]
> I just wanted to check to see if I understand right.  Did you register
> on the new site and not get editing rights?  The theory is that after
> you register you should see an 'Edit' tab at the top of every page.
> If not, then maybe there is a bug on the site that needs to be
> addressed.  I know that right now I can't seem to edit the 3.0 manual
> - but I can edit the 3.2 manual - an issue that we're looking into.
>
> Anyway, what we thought was going to happen was that anyone who
> registered would be able to edit page content on the site.

To be clear: I registered on the new site on 29 April and did not get
editing rights.  I've noticed no 'Edit' tab at the top of any page
yet.

I emailed Joshua Ferraro and others on 29 April to request editing
rights - I was told to email my username in and it would be set up,
but I've had nothing since doing that. I bumped the request in public in
http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2009-May/009546.html
and received the reply
http://lists.koha.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2009-May/009547.html
which essentially ignored the request and made me think the lack of
webmasters was intentional.

(By the way, the first request for edit access to the koha Plone that
I've found so far was made on 2 July 2007.)

If it's being too awkward, please publish the www.koha.org source code
and let the community take a crack at fixing it.  I'm no Plone expert,
but I wouldn't be surprised if one was lurking here somewher.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly