[Koha] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon May 11 22:58:29 NZST 2009

Hi to all,

I see the new web site and I have same suggestion about it:

1) The general layout with an head and two/three columns (Navigation,
Content, News/Login)
I think that layout is OK for home page and pages with advices / news like
http://koha.org/, http://koha.org/events,
http://koha.org/events/developer-weekend.
In fact all those page not have many lines in Content columns.

But for documentation pages, like
http://koha.org/documentation/faq
http://koha.org/documentation/manual
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/administration/global-system-preferences/admin

have too lines and information to fit go in the Content column.
I think the better solutin for "documentation" and /or pages wtih much content
is to have only one column.
And to insert the 'Navigation' column, present into documentation
section, in the head.

2)IRC. The information about IRC has not the info about the web log
of the chat.
Do you want to close this service ?
For person like that I don't use IRC the web log is quite useful.

I have asked of a login but I don't know Plone. So I don't know if I
can implement with my login
the changes that I suggest.
But if the comunity agree on them, I'm agree to do them by myself.

About translation in italian.
The Koha comunity in Italy is quite little. As Cilea we have register
a site and sponsor a wiki at
address http://www.koha.it. It is a wiki on WikiDot service.
We don't have the time to do a good translation of http://koha.org/
For the next months I can plan:
-- We build  http://www.koha.it with links to documentation / info
pages in  http://www.koha.org
-- We insert few specific italian information (Koha documentation
about RAICAT, the new italian catalouging rules
   , italian transaltion tips, and things like those)

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)