[Koha] Koha trademarks

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:49:51 NZST 2009

That is quite a statement to make. Just because the source code is
open source does not mean the Koha trademarks are. Do you think
someone else should be able to make another ILS and call it Koha just
because they can? Liblime is a primary contributor to Koha and has
registered the Koha trademark in the US to prevent its dilution, the
same goes for Biblibre in France. Liblime purchased all copyrights to
the Koha code and marks that Katipo used to own, if I have my history
correct. I don't think you understand how Open Source works all that
well.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology