[Koha] [Koha-translate] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat May 9 04:04:04 NZST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:49 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > > I thought it would be about 20 May.  As everyone can now see (yikes),
> > > there are a few problems with design and content on new.koha.org to
> > > fix and the current website editors don't even have access yet, as far
> > > as I know.
> >
> > As was specified in the original email, all you need to do to have edit
> > capabilities is to create an account.
>
> As previously emailed in private, I've created an account named MJR
> and I would like edit access to at least the files I can edit on the
> current site.  I don't have it, so clearly there is more to getting
> edit capabilities than just creating an account.  Can you do
> whatever's necessary, please?
>
> [...]
> > As was specified in the original email, all you need to do to have edit
> > capabilities is to create an account.
>
> As previously emailed in private, I've created an account named MJR
> and I would like edit access to at least the files I can edit on the
> current site.  I don't have it, so clearly there is more to getting
> edit capabilities than just creating an account.  Can you do
> whatever's necessary, please?
>
> I think the above copy-pasta reply is rather rude and a bit silly.

Not my intention of course.

> [...]
> > Glad to accept that help MJ, let us know what suggestions you have and
> we'll
> > do our best to implement them.
>
> Well, the first one is to stop the "Features" box on the front page
> from overlapping the footer.  There's a few CSS errors, but none of
> them look like it's causing that.
>
> Who is the "we" which will implement? It's not the Koha website or
> management teams as far as I can tell.  Is it a few people at LibLime?

koha.org has always been managed and implemented by the Website owner. In
the past, that was Katipo, but when they sold their Koha assets to LibLime,
we inherited that responsibility and have done our best to accommodate the
needs of the community and be excellent stewards of the website.

As far as providing you access to edit the CSS files directly, there's
unfortunately no way to do that securely for all users with Plone, but you
should be able to test changes with local CSS in your browser and we're
happy to make adjustments to the site if you have some suggested
improvements.

Cheers,

Josh

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support