[Koha] First login error

Paul Yachnes yach at cox.net
Thu Mar 19 16:45:04 NZDT 2009

I have installed Koha 3.00.01 on Ubuntu 8.04 following the directions in
the Wiki. On my first login, I get:

Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 666.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm
line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Circulation.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Overdues.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Overdues.pm
line 24.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Members.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Members.pm
line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.

I thought it might be a problem with privileges and checking the koha
database in phpmyadmin I saw that none of the privileges had been set
for user kohaadmin, so I set all global and database specific
privileges, but I still get the same error. Can anyone suggest what my
next step should be? Thanks.

Paul Yachnes