[Koha] MARC import in Koha GUI

Nelson Fredsell nelson at cfce.org.za
Sun Jun 21 20:48:39 NZST 2009

> There's no way to do a batch edit of 952 subtags

Thanks, Cab.  Maybe I could set up a matching rule against 952p (Barcode),
if only documentation existed to explain the Record Matching Rule settings.
There's plenty of settings options, eg. Normalization rule, so it ought to
work ... in theory.

I constantly come up short on documentation.  After six months of countless
hours with Koha, every little step forces me back to this newsgroup,
attempting to re-invent the wheel.  Maybe this is what should be expected
from FOSS/open source, my experience is limited in this area.  However, the
community life around Koha is inspiring and encouraging, and keeps me coming
back.  Plus the price is right, and the potential for an OPAC ILS union
catalogue in my neck of the woods is compelling. I wish techies would
realize how incredibly helpful documentation is for those who try to make
sense of their invaluable work, and in the case of Koha I don't just mean
comments in the code, I'm referring more to the manuals.