[Koha] Migrate Alice for Windows

Emrys Minnig emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 00:15:52 NZST 2009

I successfully migrated from Alice to Koha 3.  I used Alice's 'Export to USMARC' utility to dump all the records into a .dat file.

Next, using MarcEdit (free from oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/html/), I moved item information from Alice's 999 subfields to Koha's 952 subfields (if I remember right).

Then, I used Koha's 'Stage MARC records' utility to populate the catalogue.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Emrys Minnig
Varndean School