[Koha] Seeking co-sponsors for Multiple-Copy Holds Enhancement

Mickey Coalwell mcoalwell at nekls.org
Sat Jun 6 09:11:04 NZST 2009

Hello Everybody.

NEKLS is pursuing a Koha enhancement that will allow staff and/or
patrons to place holds on multiple copies of the same title. Our member
libraries have asked for this functionality for their Book Clubs and
reading groups.

NEKLS is sharing the spec for this feature, prepared for us by LibLime,
to see if there's interest in either tweaking the spec and/or
cosponsoring the development cost. I am certain this functionality is
something other libraries want, so this is a good opportunity for us to
collaborate with other Koha users.

NB: Even though NEKLS does not intend to allow multiple-copy holds via
the OPAC, the spec includes that functionality. One of our NEKLS team
proposed linking the OPAC holds permission to patron type so that only
some patron types (Staff, Organization, Professional) could place
multiple holds directly in the OPAC.  As I said, we aren't really
interested in doing this, but it may be a useful modification in some
Koha implementations.

If you are interested in partnering with NEKLS on this enhancement, or
have additional questions, please contact me directly. Thanks.

Mickey

--
Mickey Coalwell, Library Development Consultant
Northeast Kansas Library System