[Koha] User profiles ?

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:22:17 NZST 2009

Sébastien --

It does not make sense to be me to use Extended Attributes, because the
template logic cannot depend on them since they are user-defined.

Right now, the reason Granular Permissions works is becuase C4::Auth
actually populates the template parameters with all the granular
subpermissions if the top level is defined.  That way the template can still
look for the same flag, like:
<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="CAN_user_tools_inventory" -->

Koha can't autopopulate from extended attributes, because those are
user-defined.  However, you might experiment with parsing attributes of the
same name as the granular permission.  You would need an additional syspref
to control whether to do the additional parsing, and perhaps a lot of
refactoring.  Even then you don't have the "group" behavior you want.  You
just have permisions from extended attributes.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions