[Koha] koha on Sun fire 240 (sparc)

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:39:56 NZST 2009

> I have two servers  "sun fire 240 (sparc)". I want to install koha on these
> servers.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Will I install koha on solaris ?,

What version of solaris?  Solaris 10?

> please prvode me any documentation of koha installation on salaries.

There is none.  If you attempt it, you should extrapolate from the
INSTALL.debian file.  The main snags will be proper designation of the
compiler and compiler options, and the lack of pre-built binaries.  Location
of files will vary in solaris also.

> 2. will I install debian on "sun fire 240" , then install koha on debian ?.
> then please provide me how to install debian on "sunfire 240" , which debian
> version is compatible with koha as will as sun fire 240.

I recommend you install VirtualBox with a Debian (etch) virtual machine,
then test out installing Koha on the debian VM.  This will probably be good
enough performance for a production system and will give you experience with
Koha.  Then if you want, you can try to install linux as the "root" OS on
the other server, or Koha on your version of solaris.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions