[Koha] Holds

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:53:47 NZST 2009

Thank you, Nicole, Kyle, & Liz.

I did review the manual, but all it says is that "When an item is
being checked in if it is on hold for another patron, a message will
appear to remind librarians."

Perhaps the manual should be updated to reflect how most libraries
will handle holds in practice?
1. Run Holds to pull report
2. Grab items in question & check them all in

A cronjob for daily emails w/ a list of the Holds to pull would be a
great idea & a time & labor-saver for librarians.

Generally, patrons would not be bumped down the holds queue without a
very good (& defensible) reason, so that should not be a problem.

Finally, every now & again, I wonder how often various cronjobs are
set to run. Since we're hosted by a third party & don't have access to
that info, it would be great if this was added as a separate tab on
the About Koha page (i.e., a list of cronjobs, description of what
they do, & how often they're set up to run.)

Thanks again!

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH