[Koha] Can't locate object method connect via package DBI

sdstein7 sdstein7 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 02:46:20 NZST 2009

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Marcus and Rick, DBI and DBD::mysql are definitely installed:

[root at olive]# perldoc -l DBI
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/DBI.pm
[root at olive]# perldoc -l DBD::mysql
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/i686-linux/DBD/mysql.pm
[root at olive]# perl showperlinc.pl
/usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9

Joe, I had already confirmed that I could get into mysql from the shell
prompt using the same user/password that was generating the error.  But per
your suggestion I went into mysql as root and did a 'grant all' to this
user.  Then I tried to connect via my browser, and run zebraqueue_daemon,
and the same error was still present in both cases.

If it helps, here is the statement I am using in my small test script:
$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:koha","<username>","<password>")