[Koha] Article "Why you can't find a library book in your search engine"

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sun Jan 25 08:14:07 NZDT 2009

"Why you can't find a library book in your search engine"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jan/22/library-search-engines-books

I remember a time at our library when our (2.x) Koha server was
getting hit by Google so much that we had to block access. It was
necessary at the time so that we could continue to do business at a
reasonable pace, but  I wonder if Koha 3 is better equipped to handle
that kind of abuse?

"The National Library of Sweden has put its entire catalogue on the
web as linked data, the first effort by a national library to become
part of the semantic web."

I guess I don't keep up well enough with the issue to understand the
technical meaning of "linked data." What would Koha have to do to fit
the definition?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer