[Koha] Label Printing

Jeffrey LePage jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 09:58:47 NZDT 2009

There is a patch for this feature (http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=990e315471c8c7995985ba9588f6dfc49ef37211), but I was unable to get this to work.  Maybe someone else had better luck?

I was able to create a batch on the backend, via mysql.  The relevant table is 'labels'.  However, I hardly think that this is a solution, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

Another solution I'm looking into is to ignore Koha's label facility and instead use kbarcode.  Kbarcode is a KDE application that can connect to a mysql database and create a variety of labels.  Beware: there seems to be some sort of bug that causes kbarcode to crash when libpostscriptbarcode is installed.  I havn't had a chance to attempt this fix yet, so I can't guarantee results.  The solution is supposedly to de-install libpostscriptbarcode.  The basic problem is that there are two xml files:
1) /usr/share/libpostscriptbarcode/rules.xml
2) /usr/share/apps/kbarcode/rules.xml
... and you must have only the 2nd file (/usr/share/apps/kbarcode/rules.xml).