[Koha] Remote access to web interface

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 21:47:01 NZDT 2009

Thanks for the prompt replies.

The server with koha on it is at school. The school connects through a
DSL router and IPCOP.
The router has an external internet ip address which is set up with a
dyndns.org dynamic dns address.
The the internal ip address for the router is 192.168.1.1
The IPCOP external ip address is 192.168.1.2
The IPCOP internal ip address is 192.168.0.1

As an example let me explain how I use port forwarding to access the
webmin at school from my computer at home.

I type in https://myaddress.dyndns.org:10000 from my browser at home.
The router forwards port 10000 to the IPCOP machine.
IPCOP forwards port 10000 to the server and the webmin page comes up
on my browser so I can log in.

When I try the same thing with port 80 and port 8080 I get a message saying
"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again
at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team."

When I access it from my laptop at school using the ip address of the
server it works fine.

Any idea what to do next?