[Koha] Remote access to web interface

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Sat Jan 17 12:22:09 NZDT 2009

>>> "Krsnendu dasa" <krsnendu108 at gmail.com> 1/16/2009 3:52:41 PM >>>
Hi there. I have successfully installed Koha 3 on Hardy Heron.
I can access both main and intranet pages from the local area network
using
the ip address of the server. (If someone can give me some tips how to
access it by name rather than number from the lan that would be
appreciated.)

My difficulty now is accessing the web interfaces from home.

I have port forwarding set up and it works fine for webmin forwarding
port 10000.

However when I try to forward the ports 80 and 8080, no web page
appears.
Can anyone suggest where I look for a solution?
Perhaps there is a setting in apache that says only allow access from
the
local network?  I am not sure.
Perhaps there is something else in Virtualhosts that needs to be
changed?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Krsnendu dasa

Hi Krsnendu,

How is your LAN connected to the internet?  I'm not getting the whole
picture from what you wrote.

Regarding accessing by name instead of ip address, do some reading on
DNS.

As you can connect to Koha locally your Apache config and Virutalhosts
are probably fine, this is more about how your network is set up and how
it connects to the internet.

Best,

Doug