[Koha] Running koha from removable media

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 06:58:18 NZDT 2009

Yes, I built demo and production VMs for Koha using VMware and the stripped
down debian "business card" ISO.  It was straight-forward once you get the
networking done correctly (a common VM setup issue).  VMs are the best way I
know to bundle every last thing needed to run into one image, without
requiring the end user to actually image their system.

As for James Leech's problem, he would also have to carry the various
versions of VMware player that might be needed to install for different OS's
encountered in the field.  That should still fit in under 4 GB though, or on
a separate stick/DVD.

I would recommend installing a linux desktop and firefox also, if ongoing
administration is going to be an issue, but that can add GBs pretty
quickly.  With 4GB sticks around USD $7 now, you might as well..

--Joe