[Koha] Searching Catalogue Error

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:28:12 NZDT 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Huck <dhuckaby at paasda.org> wrote:

> I wonder why this is a manual requirement rather than an automated
> script that runs after a successful import?

It is expected that you schedule rebuild_zebra to run automatically at a
given interval, like every hour.  See the file misc/cronjobs/crontab.example

The incorporation of cron/crontab entries is highly system dependent, so it
is not something done by the installer.  But many users ignore setting up
the automated jobs in their eagerness to test out their new Koha installs,
and then end up wondering why it "won't work".  Maybe a reminder on screen
after successful import would be warranted.

--Joe