[Koha] deleting item types with phantom uses

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:10:44 NZDT 2009

When the item types interface says that the type is in use X number of
times, it means that there are X records in biblioitems with that itemtype,
not items w/ the itype.  I'm not sure whether this is helpful or not.

When I try to delete my BKS item type, it says: "*This record is used 219
times*."  Compare from the following queries:

mysql> select itemtype, count(*) from biblioitems group by 1;
+----------+----------+
| itemtype | count(*) |
+----------+----------+
| NULL     |       10 |
| AR       |        5 |
| *BKS     * |      *219* |
| CF       |      176 |
| SER      |      202 |
| SR       |      216 |
| VR       |      195 |
+----------+----------+
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select itype, count(*) from items group by 1;
+-------+----------+
| itype | count(*) |
+-------+----------+
| NULL  |        4 |
| *BKS  * |      *555* |
| CF    |      480 |
| SER   |      480 |
| SR    |      537 |
| VR    |      450 |
6 rows in set (0.01 sec)

So the result message is clearly from biblioitems count.  Shouldn't it be
from items table?  I know how to delete items.  Not sure about biblioitems
though.

--Joe