[Koha] Koha 3.0 and UTF-8 ???

Thommy M. thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 11:33:47 NZDT 2009

I followed the instructions on
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_3_install_guide_ubuntu_hardy
and installed Koha 3 on Ubuntu 8.04. I did everything as on the page and
I set UTF-8 where expected. Selected MARC21. Installation was OK. I
added my Z39.50 server and searched for a ISBN (9789197658843) but it
came back with the non ASCII characters as a question mark in a black
square...

I imported it anyway and tried to save it but got this error:
Can't save this record because the following field aren't filled
* tag 942 subfield c item type in tab 9

I start to believe that Koha can't handle anything but ASCII. Someone,
please prove me wrong.