[Koha] question about invalid MARC authority type

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Tue Feb 24 08:11:47 NZDT 2009

Hi Ella (and Koha list!),

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008, Ella Delaney <ella.delaney at flashpointacademy.com> wrote:

> Hello, in inspecting my newly installed KOHA, I ran across this: How do I
> change this invalid authority type to a valid one? I really have changed
> almost nothing on the system yet, so this error must've happened during
> installation? The IT guys have me set up for Unimarc records.
>
> Test	Result
> OK itemnum : the field itemnumber is mapped to a field in tab -1
> [snip]
> invalid authority types	Not all authority types referred to by the frameworks are defined.
>
> 	Framework code	Framework description	Tag	Subfield	Invalid authority type
> 		Default framework	700	a	PER
> TOTAL	You have 1 error(s) in your MARC configuration. Please fix them before using Koha

ELLA: I'm following up to this post of yours of 12-Nov-2008, because
I'm having a similar problem: the "MARC Bibliographic Framework Test"
is also failing (only) for authority types, with the same error
message that you had. I'm also using UNIMARC and I'm NOT using Zebra
("NoZebra" is set to ON).

The funny thing is that this problem did NOT happen to me when using a
("VMware Server") Virtual Machine, running Linux (openSUSE 10.3),
where I installed a pre-Koha 3 (development) version and then kept
"migrating" it to newer pre-Koha 3 development versions and then to
Koha 3.0 "final".

In that virtual machine, for each new development version, I migrated
by downloading the newer Koha development version (.tar.gz file) and
then running "perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log", "make test" and "make
install". The "MARC Bibliographic Framework Test" returned no errors,
after each installation.

Then, I tried to install *another* Virtual Machine, running SLES (SUSE
Linux Enterprise Server) 10 SP2 (Service Pack 2). I installed Koha 3.0
final, also set it up for UNIMARC and "NoZebra" and now I'm also
getting the same error you're having!  :(

I tried to migrate this new installation from Koha 3.0 to Koha 3.0.1,
but the error persists.

Do you Ella - or *anyone* else - have any information / comments regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0