[Koha] Budgets in 3.2 Acquisitions

Nicolas Morin nicolas.morin at biblibre.com
Tue Dec 15 21:14:03 NZDT 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Walls, Ian <Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu> wrote:
> I use the following definitions in my institution:
>
> A Fund is "a source of money"
>
> A budget period (now root budget) is "a quantity of money, from a source, for a period of time".

Yes, that's what I find familiar. But how to call it in 2 words? I
wasn't happy with the original "budget period" because it highlighted
the "period of time" aspect of it exclusively. Not the quantity of
money, nor a name (source). I came up with "root" using an analogy
from the root of an xml document. But I do agree it's not ideal.
"Origine Budget"? "Source Budget"? "Mother Budget"?
Any other idea?
Cheers,
Nicolas

> Sub-budgets would then be library-derived allocations of a budget, based on whatever criteria the library needs.
>
> Does that jive with how everyone else conceptualizes Koha Acquisitions?
>

> Ian Walls
> Systems Integration Librarian
> NYU Health Sciences Libraries
> 550 First Ave., New York, NY 10016